Monday, January 18, 2010

Pasta, Pasta, Pasta!

Yesterday I ran into a friend of mine while out shopping. Her name is Dawn and she is a bit of a food fiend as I am. She happens to have her own recipe article in our newspaper. So, it goes without needing to be said, that whatever recipe she recommends, I am sure to love! She didn't fail me here either! I just happened to have the makings for this wonderful and VERY easy pasta dish. Yes, I know, but I'm like that! I added mine own twist, imagine that! I sauted some thinly chopped shallots and garlic for a more robust flavor. Dawn recommended adding sun-dried tomatoes as a garnish for some added color. Color really does appeal to the brain and senses. I used chicken broth and real parmesan and mozarella. You can go directly by the recipe and I truly believe it will still be great. I just am a fresh ingredient girl and keep a few items stocked. This recipe came from http://find.myrecipes.com.Let me know if you try and like it! Don't forget to thank Dawn for passing it along!

spinach-lasagna-sl-1823305-l

Total time 45 minutes. Prep: 10 min., Bake: 35 min.

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings


Ingredients
1 (6-oz.) package fresh baby spinach, thoroughly washed
1/3 cup refrigerated pesto sauce
1 (15-oz.) jar Alfredo sauce
1/4 cup vegetable broth*
1 (25-oz.) package frozen cheese-filled ravioli (do not thaw)
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Italian six-cheese blend
Garnishes: chopped fresh basil, paprika
Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Chop spinach, and toss with pesto in a medium bowl.

2. Combine Alfredo sauce and vegetable broth. Spoon one-third of alfredo sauce mixture (about 1/2 cup) into a lightly greased 2.2-qt. or 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Top with half of spinach mixture. Arrange half of ravioli in a single layer over spinach mixture. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining Alfredo sauce.

3. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Garnish, if desired.

*Chicken broth may be substituted.

Note: For testing purposes only, we used Santa Barbara Original Basil Pesto and Bertolli Alfredo Sauce.

Southern Living, AUGUST 2008

1 comments:

D said...

Glad you liked it! Thanks for the plug! Love your idea of adding garlic and shallots, too. I'll have to try that next go 'round!

Post a Comment