Friday, January 1, 2010

Hello New Year!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and I pray this new year holds many blessings for each and every one of you! Whew! This holiday season was VERY busy, but so enjoyable. The many get togethers were wonderful and I couldn't have better friends and family to share them with. There is something about the beginning of a new year that makes me want to take charge! I start the race with too much energy and before I can get to the finish line, I have given out of gusto. Alas, this year shall be different. Life is too short and I intend to take it by the reigns! So, after you have eaten your black-eyed peas (for luck), the turnips (for money) and gobbled up the last of the cornbread (for gold), grab your life by the horns and take off!
Ok, now that I have liberated myself, it is time to take the Christmas decorations down and store them until next season. I am thankful that I did not put out too many decorations this year, as in the past. My theme was, " The simpler, the better". I guess I went green this past year, using natural accessories and allowing mother nature to have her shining moment. I often think about when Christ was born. That was the first Christmas. There were no trees alit with lights, no mantles adorned with stockings, no cozy fire and no garland to welcome visitors at the door. There was only a dirty stable with animals and the frigid night air to blanket Mary and her newborn baby. The only comforting light was the star of Bethlehem. But oh, the fellowship that took place! As a mother I can only imagine at what it must have been like to be Mary. To give birth to the Savior of the world! And I for one am so thankful she did!

0 comments:

Post a Comment