Saturday, June 18, 2011



This summer one of my pledges is also to the well being of my body. The older I get, the more south my body tends to go. I don't necessarily mind aging, its inevitable, but I would like to cling to my youthfulness a little, ok a lot, longer! You see, after a decade of working in fitness facilites in my late teens and early 20's, I KNOW what you have to do to keep your body healthy as possible, I just don't implement it as much as I should. Call me lazy, or just an individual who take pleasure in culinary delacacies. And when it is that time of the month, ANYTHING in the form of chocolate is a delicacy! So you can imagine how elated I must feel when come across a healthy snack, especially one that tastes good. You may have even prepared this for yourself, but humor me, I felt like a professional chef creating something tasty when I put this together. So, without rambling on and on,...drum roll please.....


Berry topped Citrus Infused Cottage Cheese, yeah, I could use a better name. I promise if you have not ever tried anything like this you will never look at cottage cheese the same again. This is a refreshing way to liven up boring old cottage cheese. Here is the recipe:

1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 tbsp. juice of a lemon
1 tsp. juice of orange
1/2 tsp each, grated lemon and orange rind
1 tsp. honey
strawberries and blueberrie for topping.

*Mix lemon, orange, grated rinds and honey into cottage cheese. Top with berries. Eat. Enjoy. Thank me later. I just livened up your mundane cottage cheese :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment