Sunday, March 21, 2010

Let the Decorating Begin!!

centerpiece idea

I must admit, I've been hibernating when it comes to blogging. I do have a good excuse though, I have been diligently working on decorations for our school auction. I've decided to share my progress with you all on the off chance you see something you might want to try or something that may give you an idea in which you can take further. I have spent the last couple of months studying every event blog I could find ,( kudos to the website http://www.hostesswiththemostess.com), and I have looked at so many wedding magazines for ideas that I'm just thankful I'm not planning one of those events! My hats are off to you brides to be, for the bar has been set high for you ladies! I have had so many wonderful ideas that I really would liked to have added to this event, but budget and facility limitations have laid the road blocks before me. That is ok, there should always be a plan "B"! I long ago learned that no event will proceed without a glitch, you had just better be prepared! I sure hope I am.

When I was first approached about decorating for this event I was beyond honored. Then, I was overwhelmed! I am an organizer when it comes to planning for ANYTHING. My brain was in turmoil over the endless possibilities of what we could do with the chosen facility, and at the same time it was wrestling an appropriate budget; I surely do not want to be remembered as,"the decorator who blew the wad"! I soon came to recognize that this is not for my glory, but for the Lord God's glory who has bestowed this particular talent onto me. It is funny how you sometimes will plan your decorating around a certain color palette and then totally change your theme! That is what has happened to me. We have a garden theme. The title for the event is " A Classical Affair". I thought that elegant, natural elements would really add a classical appearance to the evening. Since it is an indoors event, my goal is for the guests to feel as if they are dining in a garden. So the countdown has begun and we are five days out. I thought I would give you all a little "Tasting" of what is to come. I will keep you aprised of my progress this week, and God bless you all, but you may be privy to some of my frustrations and angst of what is to come. I will post the event night for the "Grand Finale"!

Here are a few of the projects that have been underway. I'm sure this will look like a bunch of junk, but just you wait till it all comes together!

This is a pic of some of the moss balls that I have made. They, along with white rice paper lanters, will hang from the stage ceiling.

decorations-auction 004

And this is what they look like:

decorations-auction 003

These are the toparies that I hope will also be on the stage:

decorations-auction 005

decorations-auction 005

Coming Next:
Twig trees and bird cage

0 comments:

Post a Comment