Monday, February 14, 2011

Love

Today is the day of honor to that one emotion on which we were founded, love. I believe we can avariciously take for granted the gift of love. Most of us are unconditionally given love at birth. We seek it out as young blossoming adults and pray it finds us before to late as we age. The old saying, "In all due time", could never apply more to anything than that of finding true love.
In our technological world, we so easily send love e-cards, flattery e-mails and facebook or tweet our love ones to relate our feelings of deep, heart-warming love. What have we become? This morning I was listening to the Today's Show as I folded laundry and a clip caught my attention. It was an tribute, in short, between George Bush, Sr. and his wife , Barbara; you may have seen it yourself. Their courtship, as my grandmother would say, was during a time when the internet was non-existent, and phone conversations were minimal for those fighting in the war. They communicated by paper. That's right, through the lost art of writing a letter. There story was beautiful, and inspirational. It got me to thinking, I don't print conversations of e-mails between my husband and I, heck, I wouldn't want to, they're never romantic! But, just think how special he might feel if I wrote him a love letter? How special would you feel if you knew your better half took the time to personally pen you a love letter? Sometimes, the greatest gift you can give someone costs you nothing, just your thought and time. I think I will go write that letter, but I leave you with these beautiful words spoken from the mater of love himself, Shakespeare....

"O me! What eyes hath put in my head,
which have no correspondence with true sight,
Or if they have, where is my judgement fled,
That censures falsely what they see aright?
If that be faire whereon my false eyes dote,
What means the world to say it is not so?"

- The Love of Woman, William Shakespeare

0 comments:

Post a Comment